Sunday, September 23, 2012

Fall Equinox

I am told that the fall equinox is a good time to re-visit our intentions of where we want to be going and what we want to be doing. It's a welcome chance to start over again on goals and continue to clear where we may have gotten bogged down--kind of like a mini new year's resolution festival--but the beginning of the footrace to the end of the calendar year.

This weekend begins some vacation time for me so I'm working on clearing some stuff at home that I've been avoiding for some time. It's a productive activity but tedious and so easy to get sidetracked on. You start on something and it's 1:30 PM and you look up and suddenly it's 5:30 PM. What happened? Inevitably some walking down memory lane brings some good stuff, along with a lot of sad stuff, interspersed with just a lot of junky stuff. You have to sift through to find the teeny gold nuggets.

That's where I am -- sifting.

And just in case this post started to sound too serious (as my last couple of blog posts have been) here is some comic relief -- a result of some of that sifting.

Halloween preparations circa ?
 

There doesn't that feel better?

I've had five male border collies at the house since Friday morning and have managed to keep everything under control. It's not a bad thing but a good reminder of why three is so much better for me to handle.

With vacation time, the boys get worked a lot more, we get our sheep chores done (like lamb vaccinating and the like) and in the evenings instead of constantly bugging me for attention the boys are flat out asleep on the floor in a "good-tired"sort of way. I could get to like this!

It's Finals Week.......good timing with that Fall Equinox and all. Good luck to all and may your intentions ring true.

No comments: