Sunday, January 10, 2016

Two Books

I'm going back and forth reading two different books that very thoughtful folks gave me for Christmas. They are both really good and highly recommended! Especially for those of us who are a bit older, it is very motivational to read about Diana's decision to return to her dream swim when she was 60 years old. I love her mantras.... Onward! and, Find A Way! The friend who gave me this book was fortunate enough to hear one of Diana's presentations on her book tour; my friend said she left this event feeling like she could go out and win the International. :)

The Vergil Holland book is a gem from start to finish; I am so grateful that Outrun Press did not let this wealth of information get left behind. Some of the information may be a bit overwhelming for a true novice. People will need to read the book again and again, as they gain experience, and more things will seem clearer. But in that book is all the stuff that nobody tells you or that you gain only in small bits by taking lessons with a great mentor. It's not a training book. It's a book about being more successful in trialling and handling; he will tell you what you need to train to get there. It's up to you to find a way. :)




I still need to buy my (paper) notebook for my 2016 journal...I am a bit behind. I am picky about what notebook I buy so I really need to get to an office supplies store and make my annual purchase. Meanwhile perhaps no paper will lead to more blog posts. :)

No comments: