Tuesday, September 4, 2018

Unfolding Cap

Cap is going well for me. I'm really pleased with his work ethic and willingness to work with me, and not against me. He is now fourteen, going on fifteen months old.



We have worked nearly every evening, all summer. It was good timing for him to be the right age to train, during summer when I have lots of daylight after my work day.  We have been able to squeeze in for one lesson with our trainer, and that went well...so I am working on those takeaways until such time as we can go back for another lesson. Cap has a very nice feel for sheep, which one would expect given his parents. His stop is fairly reliable for a puppy, and normally on his feet, but sometimes lying down. I haven't pushed for either stop position. He stops fairly well so I don't care at this point if it's standing or lying down. He is learning his sides and will indulge me with a few steps of a drive. All in all, he is a fun project to unfold! I'm excited to see where his progress will take me.


Cosmo keeps watch on the two old girls while they eat separately from the larger group

Are they trying to save on pasture space, or what? :-)
Summer is drawing to an end. Fall is in the air.

No comments: