Sunday, January 13, 2019

Kicking Off A New Year...

I was kind of searching around for something mentally positive to kick off the new year...and happened to watch a "Facebook Live"event with Diana Nyad. She listed the six daily themes she is going to focus on, weekly...and I thought to myself, "there is no reason why I can't do this!"

Monday: Be Positive
Tuesday: Be in The Moment (eyes wide open)
Wednesday: Be Happy (have fun)
Thursday: Be Kind
Friday: Dream Big (No limitations!)
The weekend: Find Awe

"Don't waste a moment!", she says...

This past week I started off, posting each theme daily on my Facebook. Folks seemed to get into it! By Friday, people were asking me, "what is today?":-) it is fun..I will try to keep it up. One can train their thought processes... Some of these were easier for me than others. Some were very hard. It will take a lot of work. It is also, if you will, a lesson in staying focused.

If you haven't read Diana Nyad's book, "Find A Way", I highly recommend it.

The hardest two for me this week were, Being in the Moment, and Be Happy.  Be Positive was surprisingly easier than I first anticipated.

Saturday finding awe was pretty easy as we had beautiful skies on our trip over to Zamora and back for lessons, and all day while we were outside. It is nice to have rain but it is also lovely to have a break here and there with some sun, to dry things out.

Cap's lesson was again all about the gather. There is a lot of progress, I am told, but it is hard for me to see because I am seeing him every day. Overall though there is improvement and maturity from our last lesson. He is super willing to try for me and does a lot of nice things. I need to get him more on the whistles. He drives beautifully for short distances. I am not emphasizing the driving but we do it now and then.  We also put sheep through the race, as a confidence-building exercise. I will do this a little more at home, and select the sheep carefully for it so that none turn on him. He got head butted by a lamb recently which has set us back a little bit. We will work through it and get our confidence back. Yesterday's lesson was a big confidence builder for me and he seemed unaffected by any issues. It was very muddy! In that situation it is so nice to have a smooth coat...

One night this past week, I let Ryme have a teensy short turn on the sheep, just to check in with him and see how he is doing. He appeared sound afterwards, so maybe we have turned the corner on his shoulder injury. I will let him have a short sheep work session today. I know he will be happy about that!

Find Awe! 
Cap

Spot in action

Cap

2 comments:

Kathy said...

Now I understand your Facebook posts this week. Thanks for those. I am going to order that book as I need something to read while recovering again. It sounds like Cap is going to be a good one for you.

Billy said...

Thanks for your comment !