Thursday, December 10, 2009

Anyone for a Luau?

The TV news this morning reported that our overnight low was a balmy 34 degrees instead of only 22 degrees like the day before. Anyone for a luau? Ha!

On a better note we had a Ferris Bueller's Day Off type of day yesterday and both Rime and Coal had sheepdog lessons in Zamora. It was actually Rime's first real lesson out in the field. It all went really well.

Coal and I are getting coached on shedding. We're also working on his driving. He performed really nicely and I am just beginning to understand how little I know about setting up a shed, but I will get it!

Despite his nervous handler (me), Rime did well and showed us some nice things. He's just one year old and not ready for a lot of intense training but there are many things we can do to keep his sheepdog work under way.

I am also very thankful that all my dogs are healthy right now.

No comments: