Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Tuesday takes on new meaning

Tuesday is taking on new meaning. Besides being one of my long-term "sheep check" days, Tuesday is now the day that I will pick up my CSA box from Valley End Farm.

Here's what I got today:


Aren't they pretty? The box had spinach, chard, oranges, beets, cabbage, carrots, onions, and garlic in it. Pioneer Woman, I am not...but here's to healthier eating and learning how to fix foods I may not be totally familiar with.

Tuesday has long been one of our sheep-check days, so after picking up veggies and fruit, we went to check sheep. Of course the dogs want to work, but the field is still pretty heavily riddled with foxtails. Not wanting to repeat last week's experience of a trip to the vet for a foxtail in Rime's foot, I did let each dog work just a little bit in a clear area between the front gate and the holding pen. One of the things on Rime's "to-do" list is fenceline pickups; so we did just that, back and forth between the two fences. He is doing well. Coal and I worked on some sheds in that area which is not easy with the pressure back to the other sheep in the pens. They both helped me with the minimal chores including pushing the sheep back off the water spigot and away from the pen gate. Good boys!

No comments: