Thursday, December 10, 2015

Winter Days

Chiefie had a birthday in early October, and although I tried, I never got a good picture of him to celebrate that milestone (14 years young). But recently a friend took a really good photo of Chiefie so I wanted to be sure to share it. I love this photo and how happy he appears. :)

Chiefie at age 14 years :)
Another wonderful photo by Marnie.

Fast forwarding to the current month, Ryme had his birthday on December 6th. He turned 7 years old. Ryme's birthday photos are below, taken by me and not by a good photographer, but at least we have pictures. He didn't want to look at me, because he wanted me to open the gate to get him in with the sheep. Open, Open!!  Ryme has been really happy lately, too, although I am sure he would like to get out and work more.


Ryme recently on his birthday, waiting to work sheep (7 years old)
The winter days are so short. The shadows seem to lengthen so early. By 3:30 PM it starts to look like it is going to get dark, within a few minutes. This is always a hard time of year for me. I know it will start to turn around soon. We at my house are all looking forward to the Solstice! :)

Coal doesn't have a new picture, but he is doing well and he is fit. For that I am very grateful.

Spot and I had another lesson recently with our trainer. Spot got off to a bad start in his lesson and never really got himself back together. I tried not to be too frustrated but it was discouraging. We can't work much, and then when we do get to work, things are not going so well it seems. But I'm trying not to make too much out of one session and keep moving on with what has worked for us in the past. That is, when I can find the daylight to get out and put in the work.

Right now it is a great day when I get home from work in time with a few minutes of daylight to police up the yard and pick up the dog poo, which is fairly pathetic!!

No comments: