Monday, January 29, 2018

Cap is 7 Months

...and other happenings...

Cap turned seven months on January 21. He really thinks he is something! He IS something, but I feel like I need to wait longer to really work him on the sheep. Cap is very keen and shows nice stuff...but he is still so puppyish otherwise. Gloria took these three photos of him, while we were at the Pt. Pleasant sheepdog trial:




I will continue to take him out to go around sheep every so often, when I am feeling up for it and when there is somebody around for safety backup (just in case I can't catch him on my own, and just in case I would fall down in the mud or something!). So far he looks really nice and I am anxiously awaiting for him to be old enough to train (soon).

The oldest (Coal) and the youngest (Cap).
I liked this photo of Coal and Cap better in black and white. Coal's eyes are shining so brightly; he is still a crazy dude despite his self-imposed semi-retirement.

I had an abundance of riches for my birthday. I took the day off work and we were blessed with a sunny day in which I had a plan to work dogs with friends (I know that will come as a shock !). LOL.  Then some of us went out for Mexican food for dinner. All in all a great time.

On the heels of my birthday, Gloria came for a visit and to work dogs. Ryme and I enjoyed playing setout crew so that she could practice some outruns. It was very foggy, first thing in the morning, which made it hard to see anything very far away but it was interesting for photos. 

Ryme setting sheep

Ryme

Ryme
Ryme is now nine years old (how did that happen?) but he really is my right hand man for chores and little jobs. He seems to know just what I want. He has really taken to setting out sheep for others to practice outruns. And when I want to sort sheep to work, he is stellar. It is super to see him so happy and enjoying his work.

After all the upsetting things in 2017, I am just super grateful to be in a new year, and enjoying 2018 with my dogs being happy and healthy. Here's to the year of the Dog!

No comments: