Friday, January 26, 2018

New Year's Trial

We went to the New Year's Trial at Spencers again, in early January. Here are the scores.


Happy to report that once again Spot and I got a score, both days. The first day we did not finish the course, but the second day, we did. All good. I think his confidence level is increasing (at least in that venue).

The first day's course included the full shed-pen-single, so the scores listed above for Saturday are out of 110 possible. The second day had more dogs so the course was shed-pen for a possible 100 points.

I still have to help Spot on the outrun with a whistle or two. It is coming along. Our fetches and at-hand work were good. I am still struggling with the driving which is puzzling but we are working on it. Sometimes his driving is the best component (such as at Hopland).

I am so grateful to have this small winter trial series to just get out there and do it. Going to the post multiple times is so helpful.  We've also had a few lessons on the hills at Zamora, which is also helping greatly. I'm feeling enthused and looking forward to a much better year in 2018 than last. After all once the Chinese Lunar New Year arrives, it will be the year of the dog! LOL

Just a quick post for now. I have other posts in mind but have not had time to complete them. :-)

No comments: