Saturday, January 26, 2019

This Week's Themes

For the past week, I posted a favorite book for each of my daily themes.

Monday - Be Positive - was Vergil Holland's The Handler's Post
Tuesday - Be in the Moment was Jack Knox's new book, Learning Life's Lessons with Stock Dogs
Wednesday - Be Happy - was my all time favorite, Derek Scrimgeour's Talking Sheepdogs
Thursday - Be Kind - was Top Trainers Talk about Starting a Sheepdog
Friday - Dream Big - was A Way of Life, by Glyn Jones
Saturday- Sunday - Find Awe - was One Man's Way, by Austin Bennett, my second most favorite book

Wednesday, my birthday - I got to take 12-year old Coal to the veterinarian. He has a testicular tumor which needs to be removed (it is a neuter surgery).  This was not something I was planning so it's a shift in our pathway that was unexpected. I am concerned about him handling the surgery and recuperation at his age, but everyone tells me it will be fine. I hope so ! His surgery is Monday. I would appreciate good vibes for him. The tumor was not there a month ago; it has come on really fast. We did a blood panel on him and a chest xray and all looks clear. I feel badly doing this to him, but I also can't leave it the way it is...the vets I know are all saying once it's gone, it's gone; that this type of tumor doesn't normally go into the rest of the body. I am hoping for the best, despite his age. So that's how I spent my birthday...wrapping my head around that. As a result I am going to pass on some of the dog events that I had planned for this spring in order to be able to pay for the surgery.  Life takes a turn...and we roll with it.


No comments: