Friday, February 28, 2014

Sojos Lamb & Sweet Potato Treats


Our February review for Chewy consisted of a Sojos product, Lamb and Sweet Potato Flavor grain-free treats. I have never fed any Sojos products, so I was interested in seeing what they were like. It was nice of Chewy to offer us something different to try.

The consistency of the treats, which you can see in my picture above, was almost like that of a homemade dog cookie that you bake from scratch. The dogs liked them really well, including Ryme. He is my usual initial taste tester, as he will spit out anything unfamiliar. Ryme liked the Sojos treats from the very first one and did not spit it out. The other dogs liked them too!

The cookies were small so they'd be great for just small treats (I use them at crating time, mainly) without going overboard on too many calories. They are a nice size and they seem to be very palatable. These Sojos treats are grain-free and the total ingredient list is very short and all real stuff: garbanzo bean flour, lamb, sweet potatoes, canola oil, and eggs. No chemically-sounding stuff. They are GMO-free and made in Minnesota.

I would definitely buy these again for the  boys and the price is reasonable. I think they are about $6.99 on the Chewy website and probably comparable elsewhere.

No comments: