Sunday, February 19, 2012

TMS

Ok so it is Sunday night and not Thursday, but things are as busy as ever and I'm just getting around to Tell Me Thursday.  I work, and then there was a sheepdog trial that I was the secretary and course director for, both of which opened up nuances of thought that I had never considered, despite all these years of watching and participating in sheepdog trials (but having never been secretary or course director before). Who knew? But that is probably the topic of another blog post. And then today there was buying and unloading hay and catching up with friends, working dogs who either sat home or sat in a crate in the car yesterday, and the dreaded yard work. So there goes the weekend; I wish I had President's Day off work tomorrow, but alas, I don't. 


The sheepdog trial on Saturday seemed to go really well; it was a small local club show with Nursery, Pro-Novice, and Novice-Novice classes. My dogs did not run since we don't fit any of those classes right now. It was fun for me to just work the trial and make it happen for other people. A few of us were remembering our first few runs in Novice-Novice and how scary that was...and it made it nice to be able to provide a good experience for people who are in Nov-Nov now. We had 20 runs available and we had a waiting list. The trial could have filled at least half-again with P-N and N -N runs if we'd had enough sheep. The interest in the area for Nov-Nov and Pro-Nov is huge; and our Nursery class had 6 dogs...and none of them were just "go-to-the-post-to-make-the-nursery-class" dogs either.  The class winner is now qualified for the 2012 National Finals! Woo-hoo! Results are available on norcalsheepdog.org and there are some nifty photos that I took of happy people with ribbons and a great judge to boot!


Anyway back to TMT!


1. Jorgen would like to know what skill would you like to have that you don't currently have?
2. If someone were going to play you in a movie, who do you think it would be?
3. Kelsey wants to know what is a quality that you admire in a dog but would never fit with you?
4. If you had just enough money to pay someone to do one chore for you, what would it be?
5. Are you a procrastinator, a doitnower (I made that word up), or something in between?


1. I would like to have the skill to not procrastinate (I did read ahead!). 
I would also like to be able to drive  a quad bike. I got to drive a really cool farm vehicle (don't know what to call it but it was not a quad bike, it was bigger, and it had a full seat for a second person who was brave enough to ride with me, and a place in the back to haul all kinds of neat stuff) this weekend, My Queen For A Day experience at the trial and man was that fun. I guess I will have to get lessons on a quad bike. 


2. I would pity the poor person who had to play me in a movie however since Meryl Streep seems able to play just about anyone in a movie I guess I would just dream really big and pick her. 


3. Number 3 is hard since I have had limited number of dogs. I know that there are dogs who fit really well with the top players in this activity that I do...and there are dogs who fit really well with me. I think I have had a couple of both and some probably should have gone to one of the top players instead of me but that's the way it worked out.  I hope that I get the opportunity to work with at least a couple of more dogs in my lifetime so that I can discover a few more nuances in the dogs that come my way and learn to work with them. It is a journey. 


4. Definitely help to keep my house up and the yard. It would be a toss up between house and yard but probably someone who could do some of each. I get weary of both. 


5. I am mostly a procrastinator but occasionally I just jump in and say let's do it folks! You have to watch me like a hawk because I get enthusiastic and slip into that mode at times. 


Well for those of you with a Monday holiday -- enjoy!!! And think of we poor folks who will be having a nice easy commute into work and no possibility of bills in the mailbox.

No comments: