Friday, February 10, 2012

TMT 2012 #6



This week's questions:

1. Robin wants to know what your ideal number of dogs is?
2. Lora wants to know if you find that your dogs are better or worse after time off from training? 
3. What is your favorite power tool? What power tool do you wish you had? 
4. What did you want to be when you grew up? 
5. How many of your friends are not "dog people"? 


1. Ideal number of dogs...hummm...a tough question... the ultimate ideal number of dogs is two if they are both of an age to compete in whatever it is one likes to compete in; and one boy, one girl works really well also. It was wonderful, having my Alix and Augie get along so well and be able to compete in the many things I was doing at the time. But as we all know that doesn't last forever, so eventually if you want to continue to participate you have to get another dog.  Right now I have three. I love having three and that is probably max for my budget. And three dogs fit into the Nitro. I would really love to have a second dog to trial in Open but that is not happening for me right now. It's a long-term goal.  I have had four dogs in the past but at that time, two of them were seniors. 


2. I am going to find out the answer to #2! My dogs have sort of been on hiatus due to winter, darkness, and lameness. Coal has worked sporadically all along doing chores but not much big stuff. Ryme has been laid off since early November. We are just now getting "back in the saddle" so to speak. I am hoping that the layoff will have indeed helped Ryme to maintain a cooler head. We shall see...I do know that when we are preparing to trial that Coal needs work almost every day. Coal is a merry little fellow but oh does he need to work. Not only for his mind, but for his body. During December-January when we worked the least, Coal's cobby little body turned into a bowl of Post Toasties that our chiropractor had to work hard to put back to rights. He turns himself inside out all the time when he is not worked. Since we have been back to working, this week's chiropractor monthly visit showed Coal to be in great shape. Yes! And Ryme got greenlighted to go back to activity, as well. Celebrations all around!


3. Power tools. I have few to none. I know I could not maintain my yard without the mower, chain saw and blower/cruncher thingie. I would love to have a hedge trimmer thingie, power washer, cordless drill, a work light or two, etc. Just a nice set of basic tools, power or not. It's pretty slim pickin's here in the old garage.


4. What did I want to be when I grew up? I have no idea! I am not sure I had figured out how that was going to work. Clearly I did not dream of being a utilities analyst. Probably I dreamed of being the author of The Black Stallion or Lassie. 


5. How many friends are not dog people? A few...mostly friends from various former employment situations.  

No comments: