Thursday, January 2, 2014

Bringing in the New Year

We brought in the New Year, as usual, with working dogs. Coal has a bruised foot (presumably from the hard ground due to no rain) but Ryme and Spot got to play.

I did not get any pictures of Ryme but I am trying a couple of different things with him, just to see if they will help him. It's all experimental with him. I watched Aled Owen's video again, "Time Well Spent" on New Year's Eve and I saw different things in there that I had not noticed before. I also recently re-watched the Derek Scrimgeour video, "The Shepherd's Pup" which gave me some ideas for all of the dogs.

Spot is 16 months old now, and solid muscle. He is goofy off of the sheep; sweet, and lovable. On the sheep he is all business but is including me in the equation now. Things are going a lot better with our sheepdog training sessions. We are able to make progress, which is great. It is still a challenge for me and I am very grateful for all the help from our trainer and support from friends.

Coal and Spot

Spot, 16 months
I hope everyone had a great New Year's! I do not like the fireworks that persist in my neighborhood every New Year's Eve (and all during the Fourth of July) but otherwise, it was good. Poor Chiefie fares the worst during the fireworks but thankfully it did not go on more than a couple of hours.

Happy New Year to all, and here's to a great 2014.

No comments: