Tuesday, April 1, 2014

No April Foolin'...

Our March product review from Chewy is a little late but I guess I will just chalk it up to being April Fool's Day. :)



The boys got to try out the Nutrisource Lamb Treats which are a soft and moist chewy treat. It took me a while to put two and two together but what they reminded me of the most was when I used to buy Solid Gold Tiny Tots jerky treats for agility training. I think the price on the Nutrisource treats is much lower than Solid Gold, too.

The Nutrisource Lamb treats are in the shape of little dog bones so they are small and would be very convenient for obedience, agility, tracking, and that type of training...or clicker training of any kind. They could easily be broken in half or maybe even thirds for those little teeny rewards when you are clicker training.

I don't do much of that type of training any more but I have to say that the boys were all on board with these treats. They are pretty aromatic and not one of the boys turned these treats down on the first try.  They seem to be very palatable and the other use I can think of, for them, would be to entice a dog to eat who has been sick or injured and doesn't have much of an appetite, but needs to eat. These treats should bring on an appetite, that's for sure! :)

We do use Nutrisource dog food on a regular basis, so I do like their products. It is a family owned company who still manufactures their own products (i.e., not outsourced to Diamond etc.) as KLN Foods.  I have been using their grain-free dry dog foods as well as their chicken and rice and lamb and rice foods, off and on, for the past year or so. I am very happy with their products although I do mix their foods with the Fromm kibble that I buy, as well.

Thank you Chewy for sending the boys another great product to try! :)

No comments: