Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Take Time (It's a Challenge for Some...)

What is your handler's challenge? Or in my case what are some of your challenges as a handler (as there are many for me)? Just one of my challenges is Time.



I am a morning person. I get up early, go to work early, finish up early (sometimes just soon after some of my office mates have just gotten back from their late "lunch break"). It works for us at the office. I'm on the west coast and my boss is in the eastern time zone - how convenient!

But at a trial I do do not dictate my own schedule. When the running order arrives, I groan when Coal and I are listed near the end of the day. I don't know how he feels about it (Coal hasn't said), but I don't do late afternoons well - at least I haven't in the past. This is something I have been working on - preparing myself to wait all day long, not get frustrated, not dial into the chatter and gossip all around me, not get tired and thirsty, take care of myself, keep my head in the game, and all of that. Trying to give the best I can for my little dog who gives his best for me. Working it all out in my mind, ahead of time. I think we are doing better at this!

What is your handling challenge?

No comments: